Saturday, January 12, 2008

My camper van has actually driven the Autobahn

I was cleaning out my 72 VW Van yesterday and found an old journal and a comic book. It was stuck between the seat and the wall. The journal looks like it was written by a girl probably a teenager. Rusted to the journal was a nail file. It was only a few pages and most of them are stuck together and molded. From the pages I could read i got this:
had dinner in Helmsted, Germany, In are camper and for the first time ever got to go on the autobahn - like our free way in U.S.A. Had great bread in Germany. Spend the night at a rest stop, we had to drive about 214 miles. Sure beautiful country even though its raining. Went to the bar and drank all my moms beer.
ANOTHER PAGE:
Left at about 11:40 in our new van. We enjoyed it until my dad had the stearing wheeled he was excited. Then the horn got stuck. Since your not supposed to honk we would get a fine. Since the van honked so much we called the van honk!

(this is a funny comment about the van since when I first had the van it had the same problem 30 years later. The horn finally broke though.:( )

No comments: